Vincent Oria, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Science
New Jersey Institute of Technology
Ph.D, 1994, Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Télécommunications, Paris, France
D.E.A, 1990, Université Pierre et Marie Curie (Paris VI), Paris France
Diplôme d´Ingénieur, 1989, Institut National Polytechnique (ex INSET), Yamoussoukro, COTE D´IVOIRE (Ivory Coast)
Vincent Oria received a diplôme d’ingenieur from the Institut National Polytechnique Houphouet-Boigny (formerly INSET) in Yamoussoukro, Côte d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast), in 1989 and a Ph.D. in computer science from the Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Télécommunications (Telecom-Paritech), Paris, France, in 1994. His research interests include multimedia databases, spatio-temporal databases, and Recommender Systems.
From 1994 to 1996, he worked as a researcher at ENST, Paris; from 1996 to 1999, he was a post-doctoral fellow at the University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada. From January 2000 to May 2006, he was an assistant professor of computer science at New Jersey Institute of Technology, and since June 2006 he has been an Associate Professor in the same department. He has held visiting professor positions at various institutions including National Institute of Informatics (Tokyo, Japan), ENST (Paris, France), Université de Paris-IX Dauphine (Paris, France), INRIA (Roquencourt, France), CNAM (Paris, France), Chinese University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong China), and the Université de Bourgogne (Dijon, France). He is an associate editor for the journals Multimedia Tools and Application(MTAP), International Journal of Multimedia Data Engineering and Management (IJMDEM) and International Journal of Multimedia Information Retrieval. He has served on a number of multimedia and database conference program committees including ACM Multimedia (MM), ACM World Wide Web (WWW), and IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE).
Click on the links below to read more about each research project. To view a full list of publications, click here
- Improving the Quality of K-NN Graphs for Image Databases through Vector Sparsification
- Slide localization in video sequence by using a Rapid and Suitable segmentation in Marginal Space
- Efficient Algorithms for Similarity Search in Axis-Aligned Subspaces
- Improving the quality of K-NN graphs through vector sparsification: application to image databases
- Spatio-temporal compression of trajectories in road networks
- Annotation propagation in image databases using similarity graphs
- Editorial preface: special issue on multimedia data annotation and retrieval using web 2.0
- Sch. of Comput., Nat. Univ. of Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
- Nat. Inst. of Inf., Tokyo, Japan
- Dimensional testing for multi-step similarity search