It's Your Future Calling
Earn a Master of Science in Computer Science - Online
The New Jersey Institute of Technology’s online Master of Science in Computer Science (MSCS) is an advanced degree designed to develop and prepare the next generation of computer scientists with the practical knowledge and technical skills they’ll need to become innovators and leaders who can thrive on the cutting edge of technology and computing.
Join a Leader in Technology-Driven Education
As a major public technological university, NJIT is an important conduit through which technology flows into society. With a long history of innovation in online education and one of the most computing-intensive campuses in the world, NJIT has pioneered the application of new technologies as learning tools. The university educates one of the largest groups of information technology students in the nation. The computer science laboratories at NJIT house research in areas such as: networking, database and data mining, security, medical informatics, computer vision, mobile computing, and parellel processing.
- Directly interact with our accomplished faculty of industry-experienced and award-winning computer scientists.
- Learn alongside and network with students who are other professionals working in the field of computer science.
- Complete this flexible master’s degree program 100% online in as few as 1.6 years while continuing to work full-time.
It’s Your Career, Your Education, and Your Choice
Select a degree specialization that best matches your career goals:
- Database & Data Mining – Examine modern methods for collecting, organizing, and retrieving digital information. Develop the processes used to discover and analyze patterns in large data sets. Extract relevant information from data sets and transform it into an understandable structure.
- Networking – Design, develop, test, and optimize performance of computer networks that can securely share resources and information. Examine and build Internet protocols, services, and applications.
Computers have become essential to our lives in the 21st century. Computer-based technologies are embedded in so many products, services, and systems that computer scientists have become highly valued and in demand in almost every industry across the world. With seemingly constant breakthroughs and advancements in computing technology, computer scientists will continue to be relied on to design, develop, build, use, secure, and maintain the increasing number of computer-based systems and products throughout our world.
Build an Advanced Foundation for Your Future
As part of the NJIT College of Computing Sciences, the online Master’s in Computer Science program helps students focus on both the theoretical and applied foundations of computer science. With the pedagogical goal of examining and solving real-world computing problems and challenges, students in the online Master’s in Computer Science will learn to develop advanced analytical skills and build an increased aptitude for algorithms, programming, logical reasoning, and complex computing systems.
Developed for active professionals working in the diverse fields of computer science and engineering, this online program delivers an immersive education that cultivates new computer skills, critical thinking ability, and targeted knowledge in the specific areas of computer science that are relevant to each student’s chosen professional path.
Learn to analyze, design, and develop computing software. Examine computer systems, code, networks, servers, databases, and network security protocols. Create computer algorithms and build databases. Utilize information technology and data mining to capture, curate, and utilize big data. Write programs and code for computer gaming, mobile computing, and wireless systems. You can choose courses that allow you to forge your own unique path in the world of computer science by combining your newly acquired skills and your existing professional experience.